Frequently Asked Questions
WORKS FOR YOU
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a public adjuster?
A Public Adjuster is a professional who is licensed to represent you, the insured. Here at Century Adjusting our adjusters are highly-skilled professional insurance experts with a vast knowledge of insurance policies, co-insurance, depreciation, building and personal property damage assessments, repair and replacement costs, and negotiation.
Why should I hire a public adjuster?
An insurance adjuster hired by an insurance company is going to protect the interest of their employer, the insurance company. Our “Public Adjusters” will represent an opposing force that is equally or better skilled to address these matters for you and give you the peace of mind you need to get back to looking after your home or business. A typical insurance policy contains hundreds of provisions and stipulations, constantly changing forms and endorsements, many complex details such as inventory appraisals and real estate evaluations that are required in case of a loss. Most policyholders do not know that the burden of proof of the loss is theirs. At Century Adjusting we know the insurance business and are experts in the recovery process with many years of experience in delivering results for our clients.
Why should I choose Century Adjusting Inc?
Our reputation precedes us, with years of experience and over 4 billion dollars in adjusted claims, our adjusters are highly qualified. We enjoy superior negotiating skills, knowledge of insurance laws and expertise in estimating property reconstruction. Century Adjusting will work quickly for you with integrity and reliability. Our focus is maximizing and expediting our clients´ financial recovery during an insurance claim.
What kind of claims?
Century Adjusting works with both residential and commercial clients. Some examples of the losses that we work with, are damages as a result of a FIRE, SMOKE DAMAGE, HURRICANE, TORNADO, FLOOD, LIGHTNING, PIPE BURST, SEWER BACK UP, EXPLOSION, BURGLARY, VANDALISM, RIOT OR CIVIL COMMOTION, TRANSIT and BUSINESS INTERRUPTION.
Often, physical damage loss can trigger numerous additional losses for businesses. Some of the numerous insurance business forms we will assist with include BUSINESS INCOME, BUILDER’S RISK, MECHANICAL and ELECTRICAL BREAKDOWN, EXTRA EXPENSE and LEASEHOLD INTEREST.
Who are our clients?
We represent Condominium Associations, Building/Property Owners, Business Owners, Commercial Property Owners, Industrial Property Owners, Banks, Credit Unions, and Homeowners.
Is it expensive to hire Century Adjusting Inc.?
Not at all! We work strictly on a contingency basis. In other words, you pay us a small percentage of the proceeds, only if you collect money from your insurance company for you. If there is no recovery, then there are NO FEES. In fact, we invest our own money and time documenting and resolving your claim before we are paid anything.
What services can I expect from Century Adjusting?
• A free evaluation of your claim under no obligation.
• A detailed explanation of your insurance policy.
• A detailed explanation of your claim as well as assistance in reviewing and providing the documents and information required as part of your duties after a loss.
• Scope and Estimate your property damage.
• Filing of your insurance claim with the insurance company.
• We make all appointments with the Insurance Company’s Adjuster and we will meet with them at your property.
• Set appointments to review and discuss the damages and negotiate on your behalf to maximize your settlement amount.
• Always Keep you up to date on the progress of your claim.
• Follow up on policy provisions such as Mediation or Appraisal in the event the Insurance Company does not agree with our settlement amount.
• Act as your Appraiser, if necessary.
• If required, help you with obtaining industry expert professionals, such as engineers, environmentalists, etc. to assist in the settlement of your claim.
• If necessary, we also provide the Insurance Company with expert testimony on your behalf by our hired professionals to prove and expedite your claim.
Am I assured a higher settlement if I use your services?
The more thorough and complete the claim, the higher the settlement will be. We meticulously inspect the loss site and document the damages. On severe losses where all or most of the contents are destroyed by fire, stolen or blown away, we will go over a variety of checklists with you to help recap these contents on a room by room basis. This will ensure that we account for everything that was in the property at the time of the loss. Having a team of professionals who are looking out for your best interest, and who understand the "intimacies of the trade" is invaluable.
Can I get money from a claim that was already settled?
The answer is YES. You are entitled to receive a full and fair settlement. This means enough money to repair your damages. If you have been underpaid by your insurance company, you may file a supplemental claim to re-open your initial one. We can reopen a case up to five years from the date of the loss!
How can I contact Century Adjusting Inc?
You can reach us at (787) 230-7114 or (305) 255-1616 and via email at or simply visit
Who can I contact for a referral?
Give us a call and we will gladly provide you with a list of references
Contact Us To Discuss Your Case:
Phone Number (787) 230-7114
PhoneNumber: (787) 230-7114
8100 SW 81 Drive Suite 230
Miami, FL 33143
701 Avenida Ponce de León Suite 100
Edificio Centro Seguros
San Juan, PR 00907